Calix EXOS Engineering Team is seeking for an experienced software engineer based in Nanjing, China. This individual will work as software contact window, manage software part of Calix ODM based projects. The job includes communicating with ODM and 3rd Party vendor for tracking and resolving issues associated with software part of Calix ODM projects. The job also includes software development of Calix ONT products. This individual must have knowledge and skills on embedded software development, IoT and WiFi. This individual also should have good English communication skills.
· Communicate with ODM or 3rd Party vendor for tracking and resolving any issues associated with software part.
· Review ODM related deliverables, like SOW, SRD, ODMs project schedule, hardware schematic.
· Track the ODMs release schedule and audit their deliverables and code quality.
· Drive ODM vendor response questions and fix software related bugs.
· Collaborate with internal functional team for resolving problems more smoothly and efficiently.
· Made the ODM related software deliverables, like software handoff, remote inventory definition, etc.
· Collaborate with ODM vendor, define and tune the manufacturing process to meet the Calix’s requirements.
· Platform software development of Calix ONT products.
· Develop and validate of Calix IoT/DPI service software.
· Understanding of various technologies required to provide a full ecosystem for a family of WIFI/IoT router: 802.1X, mesh, IOT (ZigBee, Z-Wave), Web GUI, IOS/Android APP, microservices based Cloud technology.
· Ability to prioritize and juggle many projects at once.
· Experience in working with Asia based ODMs/OEMs to develop and manufacture ONT/Gateway products.
· Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
· Understanding technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
· Strong verbal and written English skills.
· Proficient knowledge of Linux driver development and Linux TCP/IP protocol stack.
· Experienced in the software development of ONT products.
· Bachelors degree and above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communication Engineering or Software engineer. Masters degree preferred.
· 6-8 years’ experience in embedded software development.
· Self-motivated, process oriented, and detail oriented.
Experience in software ODM management
Platform software development experience on QCA IPQ807x or Broadcom platform
Experience in SW development processes and manufacturing processes
Strong background in home networking, residential gateways